Timco offers a wide range of material options and a broad manufacturing size capability. Wear or slider pads can be made to 36" wide x 8" thick and of an unlimited length! Pads may be fabricated and supplied with or without inserts. Inserts have an 85 ft. lb. torque capacity. Because Timco offer many grades of nylon and other engineering plastic materials, you can select the most economical material that offers the performance you need. Our engineers will be happy to review your application conditions and recommend the optimum material for your application.
Popular wear pad materials supplied by Timco include:
- Cast Nylon 6standard, heat stabilized, MoS2 filled, oil-filled, internally lubricated, FDA compliant and premium wear grades available for a broad variety of wear pad applications.
- UHMW-PEfor lower load requirements and lower cost option.
- Acetalwhen chemical/water resistance is required.
- PETfor higher load requirements and it performs well when paired with aluminum.
- Phenolicfor high loads and higher temperature.
Timco also can supply high performance engineering plastics like PEEK for applications in harsh chemical or heat environments.
Benefits of using Timco wear pads
Extend Wear Pad Life
Excellent wear resistance and low coefficient of friction make Timco parts last longer.
Reduce System Maintenance Requirements
Many wear or slider pad material options from Timco are self-lubricating or oil-filled, reducing or eliminating the need for external lubricaiton. Timco wear pads also reduce wear on mating surfaces and other system parts leading to additional cost savings.
Improved Efficiency and Safety
Timco’s lightweight components increase operational efficiency and reduce noise and vibration. They are also safely and easily handled.